Friday, July 26, 2013

Camp Lurecrest


 Rock Climbing Wall-best view
 Chapel
 Roland with Jessi
 Jessi-best camp dog
 By the chapel


This is Camp Lurecrest. Roland and I were there in the spring (I think?) for a retreat not too long ago-- well less than a year. This is one of my favorite places in the world. This is where we started dating- where my life was transformed, and where I saw kids lives changed through the gospel. This place is so peaceful and full of God's work. There are times where I remember camp and wish I could still work there -- still be a counselor-- still develop these strong relationships that Lurecrest brings. The camp is situated in the mountains in Lake Lure, North Carolina- the fresh mountain air, the nature, the friendships, God's grace can't be beat. I miss camp. I am thankful for this place for encouraging me to live my life in a restored new way. The way that God's love in shown here and the way people respond to the gospel is powerful. I pray more kid's lives are changed and that Lurecrest will forever be a camp with strong leaders with Christ's mission in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment