Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Goat Cheese- Red Pepper- Chicken Meatballs

I love this recipe-- because I love GOAT cheese. My husband and I have made this recipe a couple of times now and I find myself craving it here and there. This is a pretty filling meal that can be paired with just a side of vegetables or a salad. I found the recipe here.







Yield 15-16 meatballs


Ingredients

3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 pasture raised egg
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup roasted sweet peppers, chopped (I get mine from Trader Joe's in a glass jar)
1 1/4 lbs ground chicken
2 ounces goat cheese
1 tbsp olive oil

Directions
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
2. Put peppers in the food processor or chop finely
3. In a bowl combine breadcrumbs, garlic, sea salt, oregano, egg, milk, and peppers 
4. Now add the chicken, make sure not to over mix -- since this will make the meatballs dryer. Just mix enough so that the ingredients are well combined
5. Form 15-16 meatballs with your hands and place them onto the  baking sheet
6. Break apart the goat cheese and evenly distribute the cheese amongst the meatballs on top
7. Drizzle your olive oil on the meatballs so they turn nice and brown
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until your chicken is ready
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment